The Most Reliable Non-Intrusive Flow Meter for liquid flows in the Offshore Industry
The FLUXUS F801 is FLEXIM’s ultrasonic clamp on, non-intrusive liquid flow meter for permanent installation in rough and hazardous Offshore environments.
The robust and compact design of the F801 is flameproof, seawater and salt-spray-resistant and therefore ideal for applications on Oil & Gas production platforms, marine environments, and areas where humidity, abrasive media and extreme weather conditions are expected.
To avoid corrosion caused by harsh environments, exposure to chemicals and/or potential water ingress into the meter, The FLUXUS F801’s electronic components are covered in a sleek, high performance Stainless Steel (SS316) sealed housing that provides absolute protection for the flow meter while increasing operational safety. The FLUXUS F801 liquid flow meter can be programmed and operated by a magnet pen without opening the housing or requiring hot work permits if there is ever a need to access the user menu or reprogram the meter in the field. The F801 is certified for installation and use in potentially explosive ATEX/IECEx Zone 1 areas.
The FLUXUS F801 clamp on flow meter allows for bi-directional measurement of volume and mass flow rates of multiple mediums from produced sea water to crude oil and refined liquid hydrocarbons. For optimal performance and accuracy, meter calibration data is automatically loaded when connecting the transducers to the transmitter, thus reducing set-up time, and providing precise, long-term stable results. Hazardous location c1/d1 ultrasonic transducers are resistant to dust and humidity and available for a wide range of applications: inner pipe diameters 10mm … 2100mm and fluid temperatures -40°C up to 100°C.
Liquid flow measurement with the FLUXUS F801 is easy, convenient, fast, accurate and reliable. Due to its clamp on nature, the flow meter never touches the flowing media and therefore is completely unaffected by fluid composition, temperature, and pressure, making it the perfect solution. for metering injection and produced water or allocation metering of crude oil or refined chemical additives.
Additional appropriate applications for the FLUXUS F801 are in the mining and petrochemical sector where abrasive media is present that requires Stainless Steel enclosures.
- Seawater resistant and corrosion proof: Stainless Steel (SS316) transmitter and transducer housings with rugged mounting fixtures and steel armored cables
- Non-intrusive clamp-on ultrasonic flow measurement: no need to cut or weld the pipe
- Cost Effective: Retrofitted solution that does not require process shutdown for installation and commissioning
- Maintenance Free: Permanent coupling and optimal device protection
- ATEX/IECEx Zone 1 approved: flow meter for hazardous areas
- Exact and reliable bi-directional measurement: measures volume flows of liquids over a wide turndown ratio
- Drift Free: Zero-point stable drift free measurement. Matched transducers with integrated temperature compensation (ANSI/ASME compliant)
- Sophisticated diagnostic tools: for optimal set-up and troubleshooting of the measurement system
4-20mA HART active/passive
4-20mA passive intrinsic safety