All oil and gas producing offshore platforms are equipped with fire control systems. Pump performance (flow volume and delivery pressure) must be tested at least annually to ensure the pumping system satisfies the fire watersystem design requirements: An exemplary application for FLUXUS clamp-on ultrasonic flowmeters and for FLEXIM’s measuring experts.
Global Oil&Gas operators have had very positive experiences with both:
The instruments prove to be convincing due to their exceptional reliability, their ease of use and their sturdy design for use in harsh conditions offshore.
FLEXIM's service team has very similar qualities: engineers trained and licensed for offshore work are highly experienced in setting up temporary flow measuring points and carrying out and documenting control measurements and measuring campaigns.
In addition, the FLUXUS F608 is the only portable clamp-on ultrasonic flow meter that can be used in potentially explosive areas. With the dual channels of the FLUXUS F608, two measuring points can be operated simultaneously on two pipelines or two pairs of ultrasonic transducers can be set up in a multipath arrangement which can compensate well for any disturbances in the flow profile. Extremely high measuring dynamics and absolute zero point stability continue to be particular advantages of FLUXUS clamp-on ultrasonic systems. As a result, any zero flow can be detected accurately and documented.
- Non-intrusive measurement technology: No pipe work needed to set up a temporary flow measurement point
- Unaffected by entrained solids
- Independent from the pressure level inside the pipe
- Quick and simple installation
- Reliable measurements with accurate readings
- ATEX / FM certified measurement equipment
- Two channel instrument allows for simultaneous measurement at two pipes
- Good accuracy even under challenging conditions (disturbed flow profile) through dual channel multipath transducer arrangements
- Easy evaluation of the measurement data through intelligent internal diagnostic tools
- Experienced service engineers with offshore license - Local metering experts can be trained by FLEXIM
- Comprehensive documentation, analysis and report