At a chemical production site in northern Germany, chlorine, hydrogen and sodium hydroxide are produced on the basis of rock salt using the electrolytic process. The chlorine is used as a raw material in several other stages of production. Many different raw materials, intermediate and end products flow in the complex pipeline system of the highly integrated chemical plant. However, even in a chemical plant, water is the most common substance. Water is used as a chemical reagent, as a solvent and in large quantities as a heat transfer medium.
Even for the flow measurement of simple water, non-invasive, clamp-on ultrasonic flow measurement with FLUXUS proves to be the ideal solution. Large quantities require large pipes – and these incur correspondingly high costs for wetted measurement technology. This is not the case for FLUXUS. Plant availability is usually even more important. When retrofitting measuring points with wetted flowmeters, it means having to open up the pipeline and usually shut down the plant temporarily. The resulting production losses often have a greater impact than the investment costs for process measurement technology. Since FLUXUS clamp-on ultrasonic transducers are simply attached to the outside of the pipe, the plant's productivity is unaffected during installation or any subsequent maintenance work or modifications to the measuring equipment.
- Reliable, practically wear-free flow measurement with clamp-on ultrasonic transducers which are mounted on the outside of the pipe
- Constant plant availability, no interruption for installation or possible maintenance
- Huge cost advantage for large nominal widths
- Reliable measurement even when solids content is increased
- High accuracy over an extremely wide measuring range; reliable recording of both the lowest and highest flow velocities